Wednesday 20 April 2016

Keto Stuffed Spicy Bell Peppers




                     Stuffed Spicy Bell Peppers


So Guys, today I decided to cook a recipe that uses Bell Peppers since I had around 6 Peppers that if I had left them for another 2 days they would start going bad!

This Recipe is quite easy to make and I usually always make some more mix in case I would like to stuff more peppers the day after. Since this recipe uses CHILI, I am certain that not everyone likes spicy food so obviously put chili as much as you desire. Or else, you could always choose to opt for black Pepper. In the recipe, it states that you should choose Large GREEN bell peppers but as you can see from my photos I only had coloured ones and the taste came out as great! 



© Crii x


Ingredients:


  • 4 Large green bell peppers (In my case I used 6 coloured ones)
  • 450g Ground Beef (I used around 600g)
  • 1/2 Can Crushed Tomato (I Used a Bottle of Polpa)
  • 1 Teaspoon of Chili powder - USE as Desired  
    © Crii x
  • 2 Teaspoons of Cumin powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
  • Mixed Herbs
  • Dried Basil
  • 1 Medium Size Onion
  • 2 Cloves Garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 225g Shredded Cheese




© Crii x

Directions:

  • Preheat the oven to 200°C
  • Cut the peppers in half, discard the seeds and place them in a greased baking dish
  • Chop Garlic and Onion finely
  • Heat Olive Oil in a frying pan, add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until soft. Add the Ground Beef
  • Fry for another 5 minutes and add the chili, cumin, salt and pepper, and the herbs.
  • Add the crushed tomatoes (or Polpa) and let everything simmer for around 10 minutes.
  • Remove from Heat and Stir in Half of the shredded Cheese
  • Stuff the Peppers with the ground beef mix, sprinkle some cheese over the top and Return to the oven
  • Bake in the oven for another 25 minutes until the cheese has melted
  • Serve with some salad and some olive oil.
Notes:

In my case, since yesterday I was tight on time, As soon as the oven was heated enough, I put the empty peppers in a greased dish so as to soften them whilst I prepared the mixture.

Also the recipe states that the peppers should be cut in half- I Left 4 of them as whole since they weren't big enough.

Enjoy this recipe and Leave your feedback below!

Cu Guys.

Crii x

© Crii x


No comments:

Post a Comment